I am obsessed with...

"TIME TRAVEL".

I love the idea of TIME TRAVEL - personally I'm
only interested in the past not the future
- you know - being able to live in a foregone era.

Ahhhh - how much fun would that be?????

One day while I sat lost in my
day dreams I thought to myself - you know what?
Time Travel IS real!!!!!

Okay... before you write me off as NUTZO -
hear me out:

When you watch a movie or play - a period piece or
a film that was made lets say in the 1940's - or listening 

to music from a certain era - you as the audience travel 
out of the present and for a moment are in a different time -
Or how about... flipping through old photos - like this one
from the intersection of Hollywood Blvd and Highland 
Ave in the mid 1920's - doesn't it just...
(dare I say it?) "TRANSPORT YOU BACK IN TIME"



I realize that one of the reasons why I am OBSESSED with
Time Travel is because I'm an actress. And as an actress
I have opportunity to stand in someone else's shoes -
create a life and LIVE in it. Being an ACTRESS
gives me the "power" to experience Time Travel first hand.

I sometimes like to imagine MYSELF in the time of prohibition 

- 1920's - New York City - working as a dancer at the Kit Kat Club 
- or - working as a coat check girl at Ciro's on Sunset in the 40's.

 
















Sometimes I stand at  Laemmele's 5 on Sunset - 
at the Old Virgin Mega Store and envision it's still 
Schwab's Drugstore -  and its some time in the 1940's 
and I'm walking in to get a soda


or I look at famous photos like this one from V-J Day - Times Square 1945
and imagine I'm walking along the streets with my boyfriend who
came back from WWII - 


TIME TRAVEL is real (in a way) just need to 
take a ride with your imagination to get there.
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Happy Summer Solstice 2013

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.