Breaking The Cycle Of Child Abuse

When you have been victimized as a child it takes a tremendous amount of courage to speak out and talk about the abuse.  In the last month the reports of Sexual Child Abuse have dominated the news, victims are coming forward and speaking out in record numbers. Their courage is creating a healthy, open environment and it is allowing others to gain the courage to do the same.

As a victim of abuse myself I personally know I've kept silent about the abuse as a way to deal with it. I felt that if I didn't say anything it was like the abuse didn't happen, my silence was a form of denial.  I know now that this "Conspiracy of Silence" creates more harm because it lays the blame on the victim. Talking about the abuse is the first step towards healing. Breaking your silence will lay the blame back where it belongs - on the Perpetrator.

I've begun my healing process by pouring my personal experience into a script. The title of the script is "A Life, Taken, its a story that is inspired by the sexual abuse I suffered as a child. I wrote the lead character for myself, my amazing husband will be directing and we have an amazing Cast on board. We are currently raising funds on IndieGoGo and if we reach our goal we hope to film in February 2012.  It's our hope that "A Life, Taken" helps other victims to gain the courage to speak out about their abuse, stop the cycle of silence and begin to heal.

I've experienced an immediate transformation in my life the moment I began to talk about my abuse. My soul feels lighter, I am more open and its no surprise that I am experiencing big wins in my career as well. I know it is because of my decision to finally stop my silence and speak out. 

If you have been abused and have kept it a secret the time is now to speak out and release your spirit so you can have the life God intended for you.

xo, 
DawnMarie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Happy Summer Solstice 2013

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.