Post Production Blues

If you've been following my blog, My Twitter Feed or maybe we are friends on Facebook (or in life) you've heard the news that "A Life, Taken" has wrapped. (If you don't know about the project click this link: Info on "A Life, Taken" )

Boy oh boy, was it an insane ride.

I was not only the writer but was also the Executive Producer, Line Producer and was in charge of wardrobe, casting, location scouting as well as starring in the film.  To say my mind, body and soul were being stretched to their limits is an understatement.  I learned so much about the industry and myself. 

Every day I had to do research regarding laws, permits, insurance, location scouting, you name it I did it - it was baptism by fire and I made it through. When faced with a challenge I always overcome it - challenges I know how to handle but what to do afterwards...  not so much!

Putting "A Life,Taken" together and seeing it through to production was like being on the most exciting roller coaster ride ever. I put this film together bit by bit and now that it is completed I don't know what to do with myself.

SERIOUSLY!!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!!!!!

I've experienced a similar feeling before when wrapping other projects where I was an actress BUT this is a whole new ballgame - after working at such a high level for over a year... this is way more difficult than dealing with Closing Night of a Play!

I'm trying to push forward by putting one foot in front of the other  I really am trying...

I'm doing research for a new script and I will be editing our film soon BUT I can not escape the huge void I feel - the absence of the hustle that was Pre-production and Production of "A Life, Taken".

On "A Life,Taken" I discovered skills I never knew I had and honed others.  I know this will all be useful in the future but for right now, in the silence that is the in between time, while the sounds of crickets overwhelm my senses I am left feeling like a finely tuned up sports car with no road to ride on.

[Feel free to insert any pun here]

If you've had similar experiences please share them with me and don't forget to include how you over-came your "Post-Production Blues"

xo,
DawnMarie
 

Comments

  1. From the mouth of our "babe", Madison is 13 now. Her blues started the minute she left her last scene. She said, "I miss my "Dad", I thought he would be on set." But she changed her clothes and went to her next gig, singing, even though she was heartbroken. Then after that she said "What do I have next?" "Nothing." and she said "Everytime I think I want a break, it sucks when there's nothing next." Cartwheels in the parking lot, breaking plates, dinner with cast and crew and a doppelganger might have changed her life. We are available for lunches anytime that any body has any time. Keep moving forward friend. Let your passion take the wheel. I believe in it. Bibiana (Madison's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bibiana - so helpful.

    Yes, its always this way - always working towards our next gig and then when that gig is finished we pick our selves up, dust ourselves off and do the whole thing over again - such is the life of being an artist.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.

Happy Summer Solstice 2013