Star Extinguished

Its October and we here on the West Coast are experiencing a heatwave. It is so hot during the day that it reaches 107 and then it remains hot into the night... way into the 80's. It feels like we are in the Caribbean and not in Los Angeles. Personally,  I love this evening heat so I've happily sat on my patio every night.

The other night while sitting on my patio staring up at the sky my eye was drawn to one star. It was becoming brighter and brighter before my eyes and then all of a sudden it disappeared. This was not a falling star, this star just disappeared. It became very bright and then slowly became dimmer and dimmer until it no longer existed.

So, of course I did some research and what I've concluded is...
I witnessed a star dying. 


A STARS LIFE CYCLE:
At the end of a star's cycle it exhausts its hydrogen source and as it does, the star slowly begins to become heavier and heavier and subsequently less bright. What I watched was a star going through its final evolution.  In this process the star slowly cools down and becomes a cold, "White Dwarf Star." The core of the star still exists, it still takes up space, but we can not see it by the naked eye.

What a poetic end?  What a visual... RIGHT!?! 

I can't help but to draw similarities between us humans and the stars in the sky.  There are great commonalities through out all things, matter and energy, in the universe.

"We are the children of God fashioned from elements forged 
deep within the furnaces of His stars."
— Calvin J. Hamilton

During the course of our lives we shine brightly and when its our time we "transition" from our physical state. Personally, I believe we do not disappear when we die, I believe we are like the "White Dwarf Star", we also continue to take up space.


LIFE AFTER DEATH:
There are some people who can see and speak to spirits that have passed on - those people are called Mediums.  There are other people who do not believe in "Life After Death." I'm not going to start a debate on peoples individual beliefs but I will offer this: After we've passed on we do  "LIVE ON"... we live on in the the hearts and minds of the people we come in contact with in our lives. 

So... I pose these following questions to you (and myself)

What have you done in your life to help someone else? 
What memories are you helping to create? 
Are you living your life honestly and fully?

 XO, 
DawnMarie

*** Leave your comments and let me know your thoughts! ***

(Feel I need to point out that I've scanned the science websites to get validation that what I did infact watch was a Star dying but haven't found any... yet)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.

Happy Summer Solstice 2013