The Campaign is over let the Holidays begin!

Last night was Election Night - I sat glued to the TV watching the coverage. With many important issues hanging in the balance I was watching the numbers come in filled with so much anticipation and anxiety that it felt more like I was watching the Super Bowl. Women's issues ranked highest on my list but so did the Economy and Foreign policy and then there were all those Prop's on the ballot - needless to say my nerves were fried.

When Ohio was called for Obama I did not celebrate victory (2004 taught me well). It was not until I watched the Electoral votes surpass 300 that I did a victory dance in my living room.  After said victory dance, out of nowhere, tears of joy streamed down my face.  My investment in this election was all-encompassing and it was then that I began to empathize with Romney supporters.  They too had an unwavering belief and investment in their candidate - they believed that Romney could lead us out of our economic quagmire. Watching Romney deliver his concession speech it became apparent that I was watching this man's dream dissolve before my eyes and saw defeat in the eyes of his supporters. I did not vote for this man BUT watching this unfold was way too depressing.

Obama's victory speech changed my mood. Me and my husband clapped and cheered. Towards the end of Obama's speech we sat quietly, hand in hand, inspired by his words and proud to be Americans. 

I awoke this morning to Twitter and Facebook feeds filled with Republican rants of hatred and despair,  predicting an impending "Dooms Day" because of Obama's re-election. I get it - I do - you all needed a place to express your disappointment and frustration. Now, can we all step away from the social network feeds and post-election news commentaries. Let go of your unhappiness and turn the page - its Wednesday, November 7th people the HOLIDAY Season has begun!!!!

Bring on the Thanksgiving themed shows. Come on Charlie Brown I am soooo ready for you.  I have sugar plums dancing in my head and am about to cue the Holiday music.

:) DawnMarie     

Let me know your thoughts and leave a comment.

PS: To leave a comment you have to FIRST sign into an account.  When you click the COMMENT link just below the white comment area there is a drop down menu - just choose one and click the sign-in link. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.

Happy Summer Solstice 2013