An AMAZING experience of growth

Yesterday morning I awoke early -
no - really super early!

My eyes just opened WIDE and a
desire to meditate began to take over
my thoughts. I practice daily meditation
but never this early in the morning

For clarity's sake we are talking 5am on
a SATURDAY MORNING :)

I knew my husband and I had a long day
ahead of us but my life has taught me
to follow my intuition - especially when
my reaction to it is "huh?"

anyways....

I peel myself out of the comfort of my
warm bed - set up my space to meditate.

I usually meditate in my office - I feel it
helps the energy of the room, motivates
focus and helps support creative inspiration by
combining work-work energy and spirit-work
energy.

So. where was I....
okay.... so let me set the stage:

I have my sage lit, candles lit and just about
to sit when I have this urge to
meditate outside, on our patio.

IT'S 5am!
It's damp. I don't like damp.
IT'S COLD! I don't DO cold. 

Again my initial response is "huh?"
so of course I have to do it.

I grab a blanket. Go onto our patio.
and sit. It takes all of about 3 seconds
and I am awestruck by the atmosphere
I had walked into.

Dawn had not yet broke.
The effect... breathtaking.

Wrapped in my blanket, crossed legged in
this gorgeous setting I sat lost in wonderment
of the night sky. 

While I was staring at one particular
star it transformed into a SHOOTING STAR.
Tears flowed from my eyes as if a faucet had been
turned on. I was overcome by thoughts of the
beauty and fragility of life. When those thoughts
subsided I made my wish and continued with
my meditation.

I sat meditating for another 45 minutes.
Spontaneous thoughts and images came to
me and yes, more tears ensued. I was having a profound
experience and went through a complete A-Z ride of
emotions. 

As I grabbed my blanket to make my way back into
the house I stood under the vast and beautiful, way-to-early in
the morning sky - with feeling of pure GRATITUDE in
my heart - grateful that I listened to myself and got out
of the nice warm bed that morning.

Honestly, my meditations always inspire me. My soul
is awakened, I feel re-energize, focused and motivated.

THIS SATURDAY mornings meditation I experienced
all those AND MORE!  Walking into
the house I realized I was a different person.

Growth comes out of seemingly nowhere - doesn't it?

We are each taking the journey of THIS life together.
We make mistakes, learn from them (hopefully) - all in
an effort to gain enlightenment. The key to all growth lies
with us - within our souls.

Listen to the voice within you. Go forth in your daily life -
putting one foot in front of the other
AND as Goethe says:  "Be Bold and mighty forces will
come to your aid".

Comments

  1. Go Goethe! ANd more importantly, GO DAWN!
    What you share is so clearly from your heart that one can not help but be moved.

    Thank you for sharing yourself so courageously and honestly. Bellisima. xokim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.

Happy Summer Solstice 2013