2011: A year in review!


With 2012 fast approaching I find myself looking back on 2011. What an incredible year.  I closed it by booking my first Network Gig.  Its a really fun role on "SOUTHLAND" (The episode is called "Identity' and it airs Feb. 7, 2012 on TNT)


You really know you've made it when you have your own trailer with your name on the door




(Yes, it was written on masking tape and I gotta say... I was so excited to see it)









Okay... so I was a bit scared of my wardrobe (yikes - it was 40 degrees outside people) but having my own personal space did help assuage my fear of the cold...

I booked and shot "LYLA WOLF: Infractus"
 

Its an Action/Adventure/Sci Fi short - in it I play Mariela, a woman who was raped and has a split from reality.

Working with everyone on this production was incredibly inspiring.
I went to a screening  and The final film looks amazing - it will be hitting the festival circuit soon...

I booked my first musical - YES!!!!


After years of having a fear of singing in public - I conquered that fear by auditioning for a production of "CABARET" and  I BOOKED IT :)












The whole process from the audition to
rehearsal to the run of the show - omg - what
a LIFE CHANGING experience for me.









 I also have an intense love of everything from the 1920's so
creating the look for my character was beyond exciting for me.







I appeared in my first WEB Series 

"Las Tundas of the Valley"
 


You can watch it here: http://www.lastundasofthevalley.com
And the added bonus....

I got to take
home these
cool
contacts!



I wrote a script "A Life, Taken" - it's inspired by my personal experience with abuse. Me and my amazing husband are producing it. He will be making his Directorial Debut - I am starring in the lead role.

We held auditions for the remaining roles and I gotta say as an actress auditioning my fellow actors was such a huge learning experience.  George and I were completely blown away by the talent that came in to read for us.



With our finalized cast in place we held a table reading of the script in July.



We are currently raising the funds to shoot our first film together.


Production will start February 2012.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Forgiveness

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.