The Holiday's are over... Now What?



On every street in every neighborhood discarded Christmas tree's litter the sidewalks. Just a couple weeks before these same tree's stood in living rooms and were adorned with lights, tinsel and ornaments. Oh how the mighty have fallen! Stripped of their baubles and abandoned they now serve as harsh reminders that the holiday's are in fact over.

NOW WHAT?

After taking down all the decorations I looked around my home and for some reason it appeared larger in size. Why? I asked myself. I mean I knew it was the same square footage but why did it look and feel larger to me?

Yes, the Christmas decorations have been taken down and the space that was once filled with Holiday adornments now seem stark and bare - which can create a more spacious feel - but I think its more than that. I think my home feels larger because it is still glowing with the Holiday Spirit.

This season we entertained in our home, we hosted Thanksgiving and a couple Christmas parties as well. We spent time with wonderful friends and also made time to stay home, become still and quiet while looking at the tree.  Yup, there is no doubt in my mind that our place is still overflowing with the Holiday Spirit even though its the second week in January.

WHERE DID THE TIME GO? 

Ugh... I usually fall into a slump right after the holidays BUT not this year! No, instead of  over-indulging in the "Post Holiday's Blues" Kool-Aid I am making a conscious decision to fill my mind with the same joyous expectancy I had for Christmas Day.

CHRISTMAS ALL YEAR LONG

Just holding this idea as a passing fancy made me feel so happy that I thought, what if I take this idea further? What if I DO treat every day, every week, every month as if it were still the Holiday season?  What is it about the holiday's that make them so special?

When I break it down it all comes back to the "Spirit of Christmas." Its the time of year we take inventory of our lives, take stock of our blessings, we are all more kind to one another and take time to embrace the ones we love... and so why can't I bring the "Holiday Spirit" to every day of the new year?

MY PLAN

I will look at every day as stepping stones that will lead me to my destiny. I will look forward to summoning up the courage to take every risk and opportunity that comes my way in 2013. I  foresee all the amazing experiences I will have professionally as well as emotionally and spiritually. I am gleefully anticipating all the "Holiday" parties we are going to host in our home and also the visits we will make to our families and friends... oh the memories that are going to be created... I'm already filled with gratitude.

Phew - I can honestly say I'm so excited that I am giddy! Let the HOLIDAY SEASON begin... AGAIN :)


[CD] I Am Wishes Fulfilled Meditation By Dyer, Wayne W./ Twyman, James (Google Affiliate Ad)

Comments

  1. After reading this I'm reminded of two quotes from two incredible teachers I've had in my life- "Attitude monitors talent" and "Thoughts become things, so choose the good ones". You are absolutely right. Thanks for always being a light and source for positive change :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.

Forgiveness