Reality T.V.

I've been sick the past
couple days and being bed
ridden has me glued to the tv.

I've been Watching:
"The Real Housewives of OC"
Its entertaining as hell
to watch but after a couple
hours of it I gotta say I feel
dirty.

What are we supposed to
get from these shows?

The kids are spoiled.
The Parents are lushes.
They have money AND a whole
lotta problems -

THEN...ah-ha...Thats it...

misery likes company -
we are a society of
people that likes to watch
other people fighting and
in crisis - the key part is
OTHER PEOPLE - so
we - the audience get to
watch the salacious gossip
and problems of these people
and we think we don't have
any repercussions BUT
WE DO. We get left with
an icky feeling that can't get
washed away....it'd be
easy to turn it off if only
ugggg - IT WASN'T
SO DAMNED ENTERTAINING.

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Forgiveness

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.