Let the secret out...


 Mackenzie Phillips Interview on Oprah!

I don't know if you watched the interview -
BUT I watched it the day it aired. To say
I was stunned would be an understatement.
It was as if an hour of my life slipped by -
the interview was over and I hadn't moved,
blinked or closed my mouth (which I had
apparently opened at some point
in the interview) I sat in horror and sadly,
judgement of her - I almost didn't
believe her because "Consensual Incest
Relationship" what is that????? but what
was more disturbing was she was so
genuine - I HAD to believe her.

After the interview my stomach turned
and ached - then the following day
Oprah aired a follow up interview in
which Mackenzie's sister and friends
corroborated her claims.

WHY did I need this to validate the story?

Because somewhere deep inside of me
I hold a secret too and have held on to it
because of the fear that NO ONE ELSE
WOULD BELIEVE ME.

I'm not fully ready to reveal all the
details of what I lived through
but I feel ready to accept what
happened to me...and MOST importantly -
that it was not my fault.

Comments

  1. Wow.... that was almost too much for me... and it was only 6 1/2 minutes! Wow..... !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Forgiveness

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.