FEELING DEPRESSED (Melencholia Imaginativa)



I AM FEELING DEPRESSED!!!
I hate feeling this way. When I do, I don't get
done what I want AND after the episode I just
feel like I wasted time...

SOOOO in the interest of trying to use my time
in a more productive way
I decided to look up an image that is
mentioned in the book I am currently reading -
DAN BROWNS " THE LOST SYMBOL"
(its the image I posted above)
I figured worse case scenario - I learn
about the piece of art, btw,
I LOVED ART HISTORY class in College.
How could I know this little cyber
journey would help me out
of my depression.

Well, first - the ART WORK is a famous
allegorical engraving by Albrecht Dürer
entitled "Melencolia I". Its title
is presumed to be inspired by
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa von Nettesheim.

Agrippa was a German magician,
occult writer, theologian, astrologer,
and alchemist

(PHEW - talk about multi-hyphenate)

He wrote "De Occulta Philosophia (or magic)"
in this book he describes "Melencholia Imaginativa"
in which he held artists to be subject to,
'imagination', that it predominates over 'mind' or 'reason'.

Dürer's "Melencolia I" portrays melancholia as the state of
waiting for inspiration to strike, and not necessarily as a
depressive affliction - WOW -

WAITING FOR INSPIRATION TO STRIKE!!!!!

This is EXACTLY what I am feeling
right now - I am at effect - WAITING for
inspiration to strike - AIMLESSLY wandering
around my house and cyberspace waiting for
inspiration and an outlet for my ART.

Now, instead of walking around muttering
"I FEEL DEPRESSED" I am now saying
"I AM ACTIVELY LOOKING FOR MY
INSPIRATION".

Just saying this is making me feel better -
and is alleviating my melancholy
NO NEED FOR PROZAC :)

If you have a moment - let me know
what inspires you?

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Forgiveness

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.