Get hold of your mind!

The mind is really powerful - Thoughts create things!

I have been practicing Yoga for 12 years.
I've gone to classes religiously for 9 of those years
and of late I do my own practice and I try to go to
a class to feel part of the Yoga community.
I recently realized that one thing I let go of was
my daily mediation's.

Well, since the Summer (09) I started to mediate again and
started to consciously create. Putting my MINDS EYE
on that which I want to create. And I have to say
it not only focused and grounded me but
also pulled into existence that which I focused on.

And then a funny thing happened, it seems that
as soon as this started to work for me I
couldn't handle it and by January I had eased off on my
daily mediation's. It only took a couple weeks for
some of my old doubts to creep back in.
I started to feel the Doubt and then FEAR I had felt before
and I knew this wasn't what I wanted for my life.

DOUBT is an artistic KILLER.

It is like a CANCER for artists because it
seeps in and if you don't handle
it, it will take over until you feel paralyzed.

To gain control of my mind again I started to take
note of the thoughts I was having - without
judgement - just an awareness to them.
After a couple days I was shocked to realize
the amount of negative thoughts I had running
through my mind.

These thoughts varied, some were on my
talents and aptitude as an actress and
some were about being woman.

And then I noticed that with each opportunity that came
my way (audition, meeting someone,
a creative idea) I was simultaneously creating - in
my mind - the opposite outcome to what
I really wanted.

So, I've begun to meditate daily again. I realize that its
the same as food - I need it to live. I
need to consciously choose the healthiest thoughts
because it truly is food for the soul and mind and can
help to support my mind so I have the strength to
consciously change my thoughts.

Here's an example of my experience and what I am
currently doing to change it -


I have an audition and these are some of
the thoughts I have:

1) "You are going to read for this Casting Director and he will see
how untalented you are."

2) "He will see you as THE MOST UNTALENTED actress he
has ever seen before."

3)"Why did I come? I knew this would happen. I'm not going to
get a callback."

Then I'd go in. Try to do the best I could and
leave and have this fabulous thought


4) "I hope he takes pity on me and gives me a callback."

NOW THIS IS HOW I AM TAKING CONTROL OF MY MIND
(Using the same scenario - I have an Audition)

1) I awake and meditate.
2) I focus on the sides and the character.
3) As I am dressing I fill my mind with thoughts that make
me FEEL HAPPY. (It's the FEELING of HAPPINESS that will
give me the foundation I need)
4) I put on music I love to listen to.
5) THEN I think of the POSITIVE OUTCOME of the audition.
6) In my minds eye I visualize how it will go.
7) I leave fill my mind and heart with gratitude and
appreciation for another day that I can pursue my dream.

Question is: Am I cured?
No. This is an on-going process and I am now beginning
to enjoy that fact because it means that I am the sole
creator and manager of my life and it fast becoming
quite a rewarding task.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO CREATE THE LIFE YOU WANT?

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Forgiveness

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.