The HEART of the UNDERDOG. (Super Bowl 44)

I am not a huge Football fan, Hockey is more my game.
I only watch the Super Bowl and to be honest,
I am only invested in the game when the Giants
are playing BUT this Super Bowl was different.

This year me and my hubby decided to stay home
and enjoy the game by ourselves. The only thing
I knew about each team was that Kim Kardashian was
dating Reggie Bush (from the Saints) and Kendra Wilkinson
is married to Hank Baskett (from the Colts).

As my hubby made YUMMY burgers for us to enjoy and
we popped open some frosty Stella's my hubby said he
was hoping for a good game. He felt The Colts would
win because they have a stronger team and the
SAINTS have never been to the Super Bowl before - EVER -
and after watching the PRE SHOW apparently my
husband was not alone in his opinion.
All the commentators and experts agreed
that the COLTS probably would win.
Right before the game started I turned to my
hubby and said,

"yeah but you can not discount the
HEART of the UNDERDOG"

After the first quarter my hubby was never
more sure that the COLTS would win and that
this would not be a good game.

The COLTS owned the first quarter BUT
to me there was something about how the SAINTS
were playing - like they had nothing to lose -
and I just said (like most americans) "After all
that the city of New Orleans had been through,
it really would be awesome if the SAINTS won."

For the rest of the game I was sitting at the edge
of my seat, Stella in hand watching, emotionally
invested and IMPRESSED by the SAINTS -
and by the end of the game my husband and I
agreed on one thing - THAT WAS A GREAT GAME!

Watching that game only served to reenforce
my own personal belief about
"THE HEART OF THE UNDERDOG".

You can achieve anything you want if you put
ALL that you have into it, ESPECIALLY your HEART.
At times, we hold our HEART back as a defense
but not THE UNDERDOG. THE UNDERDOG leads
with HEART and to me that is what makes them
OPEN to SUCCESS because there is NO FEAR OF
FAILURE - they are open and have nothing to lose
and this OPENNESS allows for
divine inspiration to come through.

Congratulations to THE SAINTS you worked hard
for that victory!!!!!

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Forgiveness

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.