"NO" is a four letter word to me....

I have been paring down my life -
cutting away the fat and getting
back to basics - as they pertain to who
I am and attaining MY PERSONAL GOALS.

Funny thing happens when you decide
to do this - it is as if a mirror is
held in front of you and you have to
take a hard look at who you REALLY are and
who you are pretending to be.

Growing up I wasn't the person that said
"Yes" to everything - I was that person who
QUESTIONED EVERYTHING - and I mean
EVERYTHING - to the point that I ANNOYED
my Grandmother to no end.

At some point "NO" became a four
letter word to me. I don't have to try to
figure out when AND why this happened - all
i have to do is STOP it.

I've been doing this little by little - BABY STEPS.
The best tool that has helped me so far
is repeating this mantra:

"Just because I CAN do this does not mean I SHOULD do it"

In the past, I let the fact that I am CAPABLE of executing
the task inform whether I WILL do it. This simple
mantra has helped me to cut things out of
my life that were nothing more than distractions.

I find that I am more present when I do
commit to things and honestly
I am feeling more content
than ever.

Wanna feel empowered?
Just try it - I swear its worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaks and Valleys

Forgiveness

Gunshots and Confusion. What could have happened but didn't.